The password requirements for Backstage are as follows:
- 1 lowercase letter
- 1 uppercase letter
- 1 number
- 1 special character
- At least 8 characters long
- Must not contain any of the 500 most frequently used passwords
Changing my password
If you still have access to your Backstage account (if not, see I've Forgotten My Password), and you simply want to change your password, you can follow the steps below:
- Navigate to https://backstage.forgerock.com/account/profile/change-password. You'll be prompted to log in with your credentials if you're not already authenticated.
- Enter your current password and your desired new password.
- Click submit.
The following screenshot shows what the “Change my password” page looks like:
I've Forgotten My Password
If you've forgotten your password and no longer have access to your Backstage account, do the following to recover access to your account:
- Navigate to https://sso.forgerock.com/XUI/#passwordReset/
- Please enter one of the following:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- An email will be sent to the email address associated with your Backstage account
Always check the sender of the email is a trusted email address. Only trust reset emails from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open the email and click “RESET PASSWORD”
- A new tab will open and prompt you to enter a new password
Common error messages
Please see below some of the most commonly encountered error messages when resetting your password:
- “Snapshot token invalid” — this indicates that the single use reset token has either expired or has already been used. Please restart the reset process.
- “The password did not meet the password policy requirements” — the given password did not meet our password requirements. Please review the password requirements (see Password Requirements) and try a different password.