Does Identity Cloud offer AI-driven and ML-driven threat detection (Autonomous Access)?
This article provides answers to frequently asked questions on Autonomous Access when evaluating ForgeRock Identity Cloud.
- Does ForgeRock offer a threat detection solution that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)?
- How does Autonomous Access prevent known threats?
- How does Autonomous Access prevent emerging or unknown threats?
- Does Autonomous Access require custom integration?
- What type of enterprise-wide threat visibility does Autonomous Access provide?
- What benefits does Autonomous Access bring to my organization?
- Does Autonomous Access support a multi-layered intelligence security approach?
- Does Autonomous Access support no-code access orchestration?
- Does Autonomous Access support enterprise-grade scalability?
Does ForgeRock offer a threat detection solution that leverages artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML)?
Yes. ForgeRock Autonomous Access uses the power of artificial intelligence (AI) to monitor login requests in real-time, blocking malicious attempts and adding authentication steps when it detects anomalous behaviors. At the same time, it provides your customers with fast, easy authentication so that nothing hinders their ability to connect with your business.
Autonomous Access is an AI-powered threat protection solution that can:
- Prevent account takeover (ATO) and fraud during authentication
- Remove unnecessary friction for legitimate users
- Be configured easily with drag-and-drop orchestration
How does Autonomous Access prevent known threats?
With Autonomous Access, you can stop known bad actors by preventing bot attacks, credential stuffing, suspicious IP, and other forms of cyber attacks. By leveraging real-time advanced pattern recognition, Autonomous Access stops known threats before they can infiltrate and cause damage to your organization.
Autonomous Access blocks threats before they occur, thereby reducing business risk and driving down the cost of mitigation.
Supported advanced pattern matching (heuristics) include:
- Credential stuffing
- Suspicious IP
- Impossible traveler
- Brute force
- Bot detection
How does Autonomous Access prevent emerging or unknown threats?
With Autonomous Access, you can quickly flag emerging threats with the solution's layered AI, including user and entity behavior analytics (UEBA), that continuously gets smarter at identifying the difference between normal behaviors and emerging threat patterns.
Autonomous Access detects anomalies for frequent, first-time, and infrequent users. All anomalous results are fed into the machine-learning engine at the end of each login journey.
Supported threat and risk signals include:
- User, city, and country
- Day of week
- Time of day
- Operating system, and version
- Device model and type
- Jailbreak/Root detection
- Fingerprint authentication
Does Autonomous Access require custom integration?
Unlike other “bolt-on” or “point” solutions, Autonomous Access does not require time-consuming and costly custom integrations. Autonomous Access is built into and administered by Intelligent Access, which empowers IT administrators to design tailored experiences for every login attempt based on the level of risk - all with simple drag-and-drop configuration.
Supported capabilities include:
- No-code access configuration
- Decision node
- Prediction node
- Collection node
What type of enterprise-wide threat visibility does Autonomous Access provide?
Because Autonomous Access provides the ability to identify threat signals and anomalous behavior patterns in real-time, your security and IT teams can quickly distinguish attempted account takeovers, fraud, and other cyber attacks. Using contextual risk scores, explainable AI, and fraud analyst dashboards, your organization can proactively address enterprise-wide threats.
Supported capabilities include:
- Enterprise-wide visibility
- Explainable AI
- Administrator view
- Fraud analyst view
What benefits does Autonomous Access bring to my organization?
Autonomous Access has three primary benefits:
- Better Protection: Protect your customers and your organization from damaging and costly breaches. Block threats, such as account takeover and fraud, before they occur, thereby driving down the cost of mitigation.
- More Customer Engagement: Removing unnecessary friction for legitimate users improves the customer experience, leading to better engagement, stronger retention, and ultimately more revenue.
- Faster Time-To-Value: Fully integrated from the start, Autonomous Access eliminates the need to integrate disparate point solutions. Combined with no-code access orchestration, you can save time and resources while creating the right journey for each user.
Does Autonomous Access support a multi-layered intelligence security approach?
Yes. Autonomous Access leverages a unique combination of AI, machine learning, advanced pattern recognition, and big data to provide risk scores to help stop known bad actors, flag anomalous behavior, and learn about new and emerging cyber threats. The solution provides organizations with real-time threat protection during user authentication.
Does the AI-powered solution support no-code access orchestration?
Yes. Autonomous Access is built into ForgeRock’s industry-leading Intelligent Access no-code, drag-and-drop identity orchestration solution. Autonomous Access includes drag-and-drop configuration, making it easy for your teams to create any number of personalized user access journeys based on AI-determined risk scores.
Does the AI-powered solution support enterprise-grade scalability?
Yes. Delivered from ForgeRock Identity Cloud, Autonomous Access is purpose-built to meet the security, scale, and resiliency needs of large, complex enterprises. It’s easily activated with the touch of a button, eliminating costly deployment and integration of disparate point solutions.