This article has been archived and is no longer maintained by ForgeRock.
The following error is shown in the log when OpenIDM fails to start as a Windows service:[2015-02-02 08:22:56.006] [SEVERE ] [org.forgerock.openidm.info.impl.HealthService$4 run]: OpenIDM failure during startup, ACTIVE_NOT_READY: Required services not all started [org.forgerock.openidm.audit, org.forgerock.openidm.authentication, org.forgerock.openidm.cluster, org.forgerock.openidm.config.enhanced, org.forgerock.openidm.managed, org.forgerock.openidm.policy, org.forgerock.openidm.scheduler]
Starting OpenIDM from the console using the startup.bat script is successful.
Installed OpenIDM 3.x as a service using the launcher.bat file, for example:launcher.bat /install OpenIDM
The service is created with incorrect and missing JVM parameters, which prevents OpenIDM starting as a Windows service.
This issue can be resolved by upgrading to OpenIDM 4 or later; you can download this from BackStage.
Alternatively, you can update the incorrect parameters and add the missing ones as follows:
- Navigate to ..\openidm\bin\ from the command prompt:
- Enter the following command (assuming your Windows service is called OpenIDM) to display the OpenIDM Properties: prunmgr.exe //ES//OpenIDM
- Navigate to the Java tab and update the following values:
- Java Virtual Machine - ensure this shows the correct path for where the JDK is installed on your server, for example, C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
- Java Classpath - change this to: bin\*;framework\*
- Java Options - ensure the following Java options are listed and set appropriately for your system: -Xmx1024m -Xms1024m -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Djava.endorsed.dirs= -Djava.util.logging.config.file=conf\logging.properties -Djava.security.auth.login.config=security\jaas-repo.conf -Dopenidm.system.server.root=C:\openidm The -Dopenidm.system.server.root attribute refers to your OpenIDM install location, for example, C:\openidm
- Navigate to the Startup tab and add the following Arguments: -c bin/launcher.json
- Click Apply, followed by OK to save your changes.
- Start OpenIDM from the Services window. OpenIDM should now start successfully.