- Q. How can I find everything that has been fixed in a release?
- Q. Where can I find end of support life (EOSL) dates for DS?
- Q. Can I upgrade an embedded DS (in AM)?
- Q. Is replication between two different versions of DS supported when I am upgrading?
- Q. Are there any known issues when upgrading to a later version?
A. The release dates and end of support life dates for DS are available from: ForgeRock End of Service Life (EOSL) Policy and EOSL Dates
See What versions of DS are compatible with AM? for further information on which versions of DS can be used with AM.
A. Yes. Replication between different versions of DS is fully supported; we recommend doing a rolling upgrade of servers, which by its nature means you will have different versions of DS running for a period of time while performing the upgrade process.
See Upgrade Guide and How do I perform a rolling upgrade of DS (All versions)? for further information.
A. The known issues and changes to existing functionality which may affect you are detailed in the release notes, for example: Release Notes. You should also review How do I avoid common pitfalls when upgrading DS (All versions)? for further pre-upgrade advice.
As with all upgrades, you should ensure you take good backups prior to upgrading and read the release notes to understand all the changes.
Binary backups taken in one version cannot be restored in a different version.