You can use the following approaches to export and import service configurations:
- Recording facility - the recording facility can be used to export the AM configuration by specifying the configExport properties. See How do I record troubleshooting information in AM (All versions)? for further information.
- ssoadm (deprecated)
With Amster, it is also possible to import a Service configuration that was created in a different version of AM. For example, you can export a configuration from AM 6 and import it into AM 6.5.
If you have custom modules, you must ensure you have installed and registered the custom module first as detailed in How do I import Service configurations in AM (All versions) using Amster when there are custom modules?
You cannot import a Service configuration that was created in a different version of AM using ssoadm.
You can export your Service configurations using the following ssoadm command:$ ./ssoadm export-svc-cfg -u [adminID] -f [passwordfile] -e [secretkey] -o [outputfile]
replacing [adminID], [passwordfile], [secretkey] and [outputfile] with appropriate values, where [secretkey] can be any value and is used to encrypt passwords from the configuration. You must then use the same key when importing the configuration through ssoadm import-svc-cfg.
You can import your Service configurations using the following ssoadm command:$ ./ssoadm import-svc-cfg -u [adminID] -f [passwordfile] -e [secretkey] -X [XMLfile]
replacing [adminID], [passwordfile], [secretkey] and [XMLfile] with appropriate values, where [secretkey] is the same value you used when you exported the configuration.
Restart the web application container in which AM runs to update the configuration.
The following known issues may prevent you from exporting or importing Service configurations using ssoadm:
- AM 6.5.2.x: OPENAM-15370 (ssoadm import-svc-cfg fails with Unable to obtain Server URL). This is fixed in AM 6.5.3.
- AM 6.5: OPENAM-15371 (ssoadm import-svc-cfg fails with unable to recognize the data store type error). This is fixed in AM 6.5.3.
- AM 5.5.x: OPENAM-12123 (ssoadm import-svc-cfg cannot work on 5.5.x).
- AM 5.5.1: OPENAM-12122 (NPE during export-svc-cfg).
- AM 5.x: OPENAM-11607 (ssoadm import-svc-cfg fails with Guice errors). See Guice creation errors when importing service configurations using ssoadm in AM 5.x and OpenAM 13.5.1 for further information. This is fixed in AM 6.