Logging in to ForgeRock services
A Backstage account is required to log in and access ForgeRock services. This article describes how to create and register a user account with Backstage.
1 reader recommends this article
Why do I need a Backstage account?
A Backstage account is needed to log in and access the following services:
Creating a user account
When you register your account you will be asked to provide an email address. This field requires that you use your business email address and restricts the use of invalid email addresses and personal email domains such as (Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail, for example). If you previously used a personal email to register on Backstage, you can change the email address associated with your existing user ID as described in the section below; this will allow us to easily associate your account.
If you already have a ForgeRock user ID, you can skip this step:
- Go to the Create a New ForgeRock Account page.
- Fill in your details, then click Register. If the username or email address you chose already exists, you will need to change them and click Register again.
After successful registration, you will be logged in and taken to the dashboard. You should receive a verification email within a few minutes.
Already registered and want to change the email address associated with your ForgeRock user ID?
If you already have a ForgeRock user ID and would like to change the email address, you can use the Profile page to update your email; the new email address will need to be verified as detailed below.
Verifying your email address
To complete the registration process, you will be asked to verify your email address by clicking on the link provided in the verification email.
Some services (such as system notifications and product support) use email for communication and the email address as a form of identification. Therefore, these features are only enabled once your email address has been verified. Verification happens when you click the link in the verification email sent to the address stored in your account. The link contains a non-reusable hash key which is used by Backstage to verify that the email address actually belongs to the user.
See How do I verify my email address? for further information.
Key things to be aware of:
- The email verification expires after 1 year, at which point you will be notified in an email with a new verification link.
- Despite our best efforts, verification emails are sometimes treated as spam by certain email clients. Make sure to check your Spam folder if you haven't received the verification email within a few minutes.
- Each verification link can only be used once.
Getting access to product support
Getting started with ForgeRock Support (Identity Cloud)