This article has been archived and is no longer maintained by ForgeRock.
The following error is shown in the Internet Explorer browser when you attempt to update a user's profile:Unknown error. Please contact with administrator
The same error does not occur when using a non-Internet Explorer® browser, such as Chrome™ or Firefox®.
Upgraded to OpenIDM 3.1.0.
OpenIDM 3.1.0 uses JQuery™ 1.11.1; this version of JQuery includes a lot of extra logic for backwards compatibility with older versions of Internet Explorer, but this logic can cause failures, such as this, in newer versions of Internet Explorer.
This issue can be resolved by upgrading to OpenIDM 4 or later; you can download this from BackStage.
Alternatively, you can resolve this by upgrading your version of JQuery as follows:
- Download the latest compressed production version of JQuery from https://jquery.com/download/, for example, jquery-2.1.1-min.js.
- Navigate to the /path/to/openidm/ui/default/enduser/public/libs/ directory and back up the existing jquery-1.11.1-min.js file.
- Delete the jquery-1.11.1-min.js file once it is backed up and replace with the downloaded file.
- Navigate to the /path/to/openidm/ui/default/enduser/public/ directory and edit the main.js file as follows:
- Replace: jquery: "libs/jquery-1.11.1-min",
- With: jquery: "libs/jquery-2.1.1-min", changing the version referenced if you downloaded a later version of JQuery.