The following error is shown in the CoreSystem debug log when SNMP monitoring fails:
Ports are unable to be accessed resulting in: ERROR: Failed to start monitoring adapters - ignoring com.sun.identity.monitoring.MonitoringStartupException: No Monitoring interfaces started; monitoring disabled. at com.sun.identity.monitoring.MonitoringAdapters.<init>(MonitoringAdapters.java:231) at com.sun.identity.monitoring.MonitoringManager$MonitoringProvider.startMonitoringAdapters(MonitoringManager.java:93) at com.sun.identity.monitoring.MonitoringManager$NoopMonitoringProvider.startMonitoring(MonitoringManager.java:134) at com.sun.identity.monitoring.MonitoringManager.startMonitoring(MonitoringManager.java:58) at com.sun.identity.common.MonitoringConfigurator.init(MonitoringConfigurator.java:63)
Upgraded to, or installed AM 5.5.1.
Enabled SNMP monitoring.
The OpenDMK library (opendmk.jar) was removed, which prevents the SNMP ports from starting per known issue: OPENAM-12244 (Monitoring services unable to connect to Port).
This issue can be resolved by upgrading to AM 5.5.2 or later; you can download this from BackStage. Once you have upgraded, you must follow the steps in Setup and Maintenance Guide › To Enable the SNMP Monitoring Interface to install the OpenDMK library and enable monitoring.
You can workaround this issue by manually installing the OpenDMK library (opendmk.jar) that is shipped with DS 5.5.0, as follows:
- Download DS 5.5.0.zip from BackStage.
- Extract the zip into a temporary directory, for example: temp/dj-5.5.0:
$ cd temp/dj-5.5.0 $ unzip DS-5.5.0.zip
- Run the OpenDMK library extractor (this launches a UI, so should be run on a local
machine rather than via a SSH connection):
$ cd temp/dj-5.5.0 $ java -jar snmp/opendmk.jar
- Review and accept the license.
- Install the the OpenDMK library into the temporary directory, for example: temp/opendmk.
- Copy the extracted jdmkrt.jar (located in the temp/opendmk/OpenDMK-bin/lib directory) to the relevant AM server(s):
- Stop the web application container in which AM runs.
- Copy the jdmkrt.jar to /path/to/tomcat/webapps/openam/WEB-INF/lib directory where AM is deployed.
- Restart the web application container in which AM runs.