The property that relates to the persistent cookie name (openam-auth-persistent-cookie-name) is not exposed via the console or ssoadm by default in pre-AM 5.5. However, in those releases you can still change it via the console.
The following sections detail how to change the persistent cookie name depending on which version you are using:
- Console: navigate to: Realms > [Realm Name] > Authentication > Modules > Persistent Cookie Module > Persistent Cookie Name and enter the new cookie name.
Amster: follow the steps in How do I update property values in AM (All versions) using Amster? with these values:
- Entity: PersistentCookieModule
- Property: cookieName
- ssoadm: enter the following command: $ ./ssoadm update-auth-instance -e [realmname] -m [modulename] -u [adminID] -f [passwordfile] -a openam-auth-persistent-cookie-name=[name]replacing [realmname], [modulename], [adminID], [passwordfile] and [name] with appropriate values.
- Navigate to Realms > [Realm Name] > Authentication > Chains > [Chain Name] and click the pencil icon against the Persistent Cookie module to edit the module properties.
- Enter the following Key and Value under Options: KEY VALUE openam-auth-persistent-cookie-name newNamewhere newName is the new name for the persistent cookie.