DS/OpenDJ and AM/OpenAM compatibility
Embedded DS/OpenDJ versions are shipped with AM/OpenAM and cannot be upgraded; however, when you upgrade to a newer version of AM/OpenAM, the embedded DS/OpenDJ instance is also upgraded. The following embedded DS/OpenDJ versions are included with AM/OpenAM:
|AM/OpenAM versions||Embedded DS/OpenDJ version|
|AM 6.5.2||DS 6.5.2|
|AM 6.5.1||DS 6.5.1|
|AM 6.5||DS 6.5|
|AM 6||DS 6|
|AM 5.5 and 5.5.1||DS 5.5|
|AM 5 and 5.1.x||DS 5|
|OpenAM 13.5.2||OpenDJ 3.5.3|
|OpenAM 13.5.1||OpenDJ 3.5.2|
|OpenAM 13.5||OpenDJ 3.5|
|OpenAM 13.0||OpenDJ 3.0|
|OpenAM 12.0.4||OpenDJ 2.6.4|
|OpenAM 12.0.0 to 12.0.3||OpenDJ 2.6.2|
The following matrix indicates compatibility between AM/OpenAM and external DS/OpenDJ versions:
|DS 6.x||DS 5.x||OpenDJ 3.x||OpenDJ 2.6.x|
|AM 5 and 5.1.x||Yes||Yes||Yes||Partly (User Store only)|
It is strongly recommended that you always upgrade to the latest maintenance releases for whichever versions of AM/OpenAM and DS/OpenDJ you have deployed.
- AM 6.5 and later.
- DS 6.5 and later.
- DS 6 only.
- AM 5 and later; OpenAM 12.0.0 and later
- DS 5 and later; OpenDJ 2.6.2 and later
- AM 5 and 5.1.x; OpenAM 12.x and 13.x
- OpenDJ 2.6.x and 3.x. Java 7 can be used in DS 5 but support for it is deprecated.
Software and Hardware requirements
- AM 6.5 Release Notes › Before You Install
- AM 6 Release Notes › Before You Install
- AM 5.5 Release Notes › Before You Install
- AM 5 Release Notes › Before You Install
- OpenAM 13.5 Release Notes › Before You Install OpenAM Software
Related Issue Tracker IDs