NoPassword Authentication Node
The NoPassword Authentication Node allows ForgeRock users to integrate their AM instance to the NoPassword authentication services. This document assumes that you already have an AM 5.5+ instance running with an users base configured.
Follow this steps in order to install the node:
- Download the jar file from here.
- Copy the nopassword-openam-auth-node-1.0.jar file on your server:
- Restart AM.
- Login into NoPassword admin portal and open the
Keysmenu on the left side. Copy the NoPassword Login value by clicking in the green button and save it for later.
- Login into AM console as an administrator and go to
Realms > Top Level Real > Authentication > Trees.
- Click on Add Tree button. Name the tree NoPassword and click Create.
- Add 4 tree nodes: Start, Username Collector, NoPassword Service Initiator and Failure.
- Connect them as shown in the image below.
- Select the NoPassword Service Initiator node and set the NoPassword Login Key. Paste the key value from step 4 on NoPassword Login Key. Set the following URL
https://api.nopassword.com/auth/loginAsyncin Authentication Endpoint.
- Select the Authentication Method you'd like to use. If you leave it as Default then the Authentication Method will be the one selected by users on their phone.
- Add 3 nodes: Polling Wait Node, NoPassword Service Decision and Success and connect them as show in the image below.
- Select the NoPassword Service Decision node and set the following URL
https://api.nopassword.com/auth/checkLoginTokenin Login Token Endpoint.
- Select the Polling Wait Node and set Seconds To Wait to 4.
- Add a Retry Decision Limit node and connect it as show in the image below.
- Select the Retry Decision Limit and set the Retry Limit to 15.
- Save changes.
- You can test the NoPassword authentication tree by accessing this URL in your browser
18 Enter your username and hit enter. NoPassword AM Module will search for user email (mail or email attribute) in the data store if email is empty an email address will be generated from user DN. An authentication request will be send to NoPassword through the AM module. NoPassword will verify you username and key. If everything is correct you should get an authentication request on your phone.